December 3, 2012

No Waste Toothpaste!








I came across this toothpaste innovation today. Now I know that when you get to the end of your toothpaste tube, you may be unable to get that last 1% of toothpaste out of the tube (however frustrating that may be), but is it really that big of a deal? What I am impressed with however, is that designers Sang Min Yu and Wong Sang Lee had this new idea for toothpaste packaging and distribution have thought of not only getting that last drop of toothpaste out to prevent waste, but also the 'environmental footprint' that the transportation side of things might effect. I'm not sure how accurate, but if 3 delivery trucks worth of toothpaste can be reduced to 1, that has got to be good for a whole range of things like petrol, emissions, traffic, truck maintenance, etc. I don't know how far this has gone into production or if it is a student/prototype project, but I think it has some form of potential. If nothing else, it is worth noting that this is an example of how some people can re-invent the wheel, and do it in a more environmentally friendly way. Found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment